I. What is Personal Data?
II. When is what kind of data stored and processed for what reason?
1. Use of the Website
Whenever you navigate our Website, data about you is collected and processed. We collect the following data:
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our website
- IP address
- Country you are browsing from
- Browsing habits, including sites visited
- Marital status, and
- Other demographics and statistical information
The data is collected through the session cookies (with regard to cookies see also below) we use on our Website. It is anonymised before we use it to build anonymous utilisation profiles, for marketing purposes and to optimise our Website and the services we provide. This data shall not be used in order to identify the visitor of this Website personally.
2. Interacting with us
Every time you interact with us (e.g. booking a room through our Website, by phone or through a third party provider, posting a comment on our blog, signing up for our newsletter) we may collect and process the Personal Data you provide to us.
a. Booking a room
When you book a room, we collect Personal Data, which includes:
- Your selected hotel
- Your selected dates
- Number of rooms in the reservation
- Number of people in the reservation (adults and children)
- Age of children
- The rate/special offer selected
- Any add-on packages selected
- Your full name
- Your address, including city and country
- Your e-mail address, and
- Your credit card details
- Frequent Flyer Information
- Arrival Information
- Room, Bed type and/or other preferences
We use this Personal Data to handle your reservation and to establish and fulfil our contract with you. This includes verifying your identity, taking guarantee and/or payment information, and sending stay-related and/or marketing communication.
We take the protection of your Personal Data very seriously and therefore have kept the mandatory required fields to a minimum.
b. Newsletter and special offers
If you provide your contact information to us (e.g. when booking a service with us or when signing up for our newsletter via our Website), we may use this Personal Data to send you our newsletters and details of other special offers which may be of interest to you, based on previous interactions with us (e.g. bookings).
If you sign up for our newsletter via our Website, you are required to provide your email address only. Any additional information is voluntary and will be used solely for a personalisation of the newsletter.
By providing your email address, you consent to receive our newsletter. You can revoke your consent and opt out of receiving the newsletter at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in every newsletter. Moreover, you also have the possibility of unsubscribing in your personal profile under “data protection”. For any further objections, kindly address the contact stated at the end of this policy.
We also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail newsletters in order to count how many newsletters (or particular articles, links, etc.) are being accessed, and on our website to count users who have visited these pages.
c. “Contact Us” functionality
You can get in contact with us via our Website by using the “Contact Us” functionality, or by telephone. To contact us you are required to provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your e-mail
Any additional information (e.g. home address) is provided voluntarily.
We use your information to reply to your enquiry.
3. rocessing of Personal Data to personalise your stay at MK Resort
We may collect and process Personal Data about you, if it is relevant for your stay in a MK Resort hotel or if it is in your interest.
Personal data collection without your express consent
Without your express consent or instructions, we do not undertake additional research and do not record and use respective information. In such cases, the Personal Data we collect is limited to information we have gained from you personally or by hotel personnel during your stay at the hotel and to information which is relevant for the stay at a MK Resort hotel (e.g. preferences to rooms, beds, food, and wine if obtained at the hotel). We do not undertake any additional research on you in this case, in particular, no research on social media or the internet.
III. Sharing Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be shared:
- Within the MK GROUP and with our MK Resort hotels to establish and fulfil our contract with you or to the extent you consented to such sharing of data, for example. This includes verifying your identity, taking payments getting in contact and communicating with you.
- With our commercial partners in the event that you book an event or an activity organised by such commercial partners.
- With our third party service providers who process your data on our behalf. MK Resort third party service providers hosting providers, providers of data analysis, IT services, and other similar services requested by MK Resort to provide the Website and other business-related services to you. Any data processing on our behalf complies with the applicable laws.
We will not transfer your personal data to third-party recipients unless you consent to such transfer of data or such transfer is permitted under applicable law.
IV. Transfer of Personal Data to a third country
Where information is transferred outside Serbia, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are implemented with regard to the relevant data protection regulation.